July 8, 2014
The modern bathroom has gone beyond what was once considered the standard: sink, tub and toilet. Design has infiltrated the most personal room of the house and has shown that, yes, creativity in the water closet is possible. As far as perfect – what is perfect?
The Most Perfect Cabinetry … For You
When we speak of bathroom cabinetry, the first thing that comes to mind is the vanity, which is home to one, two or more sinks. What constitutes ideal may be different things to different people. Some elements that help make your bathroom be all that it can be, include:
- Height: Often overlooked, the height of your vanity and sink plays an important part in the use and comfort of washing and grooming. Too low or too high can impede your routines, and that is just plain uncomfortable.
- Style and Color: When Schrapper’s Fine Cabinetry and Design build to your specifications, style and color are equally important. You want to have something you can live with for a long time without it looking dated.
- Building Materials: Bathrooms are humid areas that require specially formulated materials. Drywall, primary and secondary woods, countertops and finishes need to be resistant to moisture.
A Dozen People, A Dozen Opinions
What works for one may not necessarily work for another. The bathroom of your dreams should deliver. Write up your wish list, beginning with your "must haves" to insure that these special elements are included from the get-go. Your important list may require:
- Three-way mirrors
- Motion sensor faucets
- Hidden electrical outlets
- Compartmentalized drawers
- Soft-close drawers and doors
Your cabinetry is only one component of your bathroom. The same attention should be paid to each detail of the project to realize, not only perfect cabinetry, but also the perfect bathroom for you!