September 15, 2017
If you would like to decorate a small kitchen without compromising on functionality and space, there are a few simple design and feature elements that you can use. Small kitchens are often faced with 3 common problems:
- A lack of kitchen cabinetry counter space
- Clutter and a lack of storage space
- Not enough light
Creating Extra Counter Space in A Small Kitchen
If your small kitchen is lacking in terms of counter space, it could become frustrating. Because of this, the trend of converting the kitchen sink into a cutting board area has become popular. By choosing a marble or granite counter top, you can also make sure that your kitchen cabinets have counters that can be used for cutting and cooking purposes as well.
Freeing Counter and Storage Space in A Small Kitchen
The first step towards successful small kitchen decorating is to ensure that you make wise kitchen cabinetry choices, for instance:
- In small spaces, placing cabinets on the ground and higher up on the wall will help you to maximize on storage space.
- Make sure that you set time aside to go through all your kitchen items. Donating or throwing away non-essential items will go a long way to freeing your kitchen cabinet storage space.
Making A Small Kitchen Lighter and Brighter
- A small kitchen can look even smaller if it’s painted and decorated in dark colors. A fresh coat of paint in a light color will help to make the room look bigger.
- If you are installing new kitchen cabinetry, opt for under-cabinet lighting which will not only add to the aesthetic appeal. It will also light up the work area.
- Opt for good general lighting and exchange old light fittings with newer, energy efficient versions (as you will probably use your lighting more in a dark kitchen).
- If you want to open the room more and add the feeling of extra space, why not add a mirror to one of the walls to reflect light.
At Schrapper’s Fine Cabinetry, Inc., we design and install new kitchen cabinets, elements, features and hardware to quite simply transform your small kitchen space. With our help, decorating a small kitchen will be a simple and achievable task. For more information and advice on our kitchen cabinet design and installation services, contact us via email or telephone Schrapper’s Fine Cabinetry, Inc., today.