July 18, 2013
Have you ever taken a real good look at some of the dollhouses that children and adults have built and furnished? The minute details and painstaking construction are incredibly beautiful. Small spaces in your own home can be useful and as elegantly outfitted and furnished.
Dozens of Scaled Down Ideas!
The architectural provenance of a home can be ever evolving. The thought behind building and installing permanent furniture fixtures i.e. fine cabinetry is to give the solid look of longevity – stability of a forever structure.
There are dozens of ways you can include this permanent addition or additions in your own home:
- Add shelving and French doors to the alcoves that flank your front entrance.
- Contract to build a wine closet under your stairwell with built in refrigerator.
- Create a bar area in your great room with beveled cabinetry to match the curves of your bar.
- Build out your closed in pantry. This will look like an addition to your kitchen without taking up much space and, in fact, will make your kitchen appear larger while remaining practically the same size.
- Turn your guest/everything bedroom into a well-organized hobby and guest room. With a little planning and a lot of imagination, you can turn this room into one of the most used room in the house.
Interested in hearing about more ideas? Schrapper’s Fine Cabinetry & Design’s creative team is always poised to take your call and help you solve your design dilemmas. These scaled down projects are fun, useful and fill a "niche!"