March 24, 2014
We love introducing great ideas and better ways of doing household tasks to our readers. For this reason we have compiled some super tips that support activities indoors and out.
Be Your Own Handyman!
These hints help you become your own handyman inside the house:
- Drilling. Need to install a screw on the wall? Fold a Post-It© note in half under the drill hole. It adheres to the wall and catches the plaster dust.
- Hanging Pictures. How many attempts has it taken to place the screw or nail in the right spot? It is easy when you place a dot of toothpaste on the back of the picture frame where the nail needs to go. Press against wall and presto!
- Carpet Indentations. Heavy furniture pieces leave marks. To eliminate place ice cubes on the indentation. As they melt the carpet fibers spring back to life.
- Hairy Carpets and Rugs. You love your pets but not their hair! Take a squeegee and pull up more hair than you could have ever imagined.
- Power Cord Identification. Those colorful plastic bread tabs can be recycled in a different way. Identify each power cord plugged into your power bar by labeling the plastic tabs. Use different colors as well.
Handy Hints for the Great Outdoors
We are mindful that your property could also benefit from a tip or two:
- Weeds. The easiest, most effective and inexpensive way to rid yourself of weeds growing between patio tiles and at the base of your foundation is to sprinkle salt. (Be careful not to go too close to plants you cherish).
- Patio Stones. A solution of one part vinegar and one part water sprayed onto the soiled areas works wonders. Stained spots may require scrubbing.
- A Little R & R. And finally, as you relax after your busy day sitting outdoors sipping a cold beverage, cut a hole in a paper muffin liner and slide upside down over your straw. No bugs will be sharing your lemonade!
Cheers to you!